The Charlotte Corbel with its elegant lines and fleur-de-lis design is perfect for under your countertop or used with your fireplace mantel. Available in 7 finish options, its sure to match any decor and be the highlight of your space The L-Bracket is made from thick 1/4-inch steel with holes for mounting the bracket to any surface 2 holes are in the top part of this bracket, their use is optional if the application needs them (shelving, mantels, etc...)
Dimensions: L-bracket is 1/4-inch thick by 2" wide.
Size Options: (depth x height) 7.5 x 10 | 10 x 12 | 12" Deep x 15" High
Iron Finish Options: 7 Finishes Available
Pictured: Charlotte Corbel With Black Finish
Indoor | Outdoor Use: Brackets are powder-coated, (unless you select unfinished) they will last a substantial amount of time outdoors, but like all steel products, sooner or later they will show signs of rust in areas that hold water. Consider steel patio furniture, they're in the sun, rain, snow etc... for years before showing any signs of rust. Keep in mind, if you install our products underneath a counter or roof overhang outdoors, our products should last for many years without concern.
Product Type:Corbel or Bracket
Function: Support Granite/Natural stone counter top overhangs, shelves, mantels & more.
Weight Capacity: When properly mounted each Corbel can hold 150-lbs each.
Country of Manufacture: USA
Care: Wipe clean with dry cloth
Assembly Required: Installation is required but the product is one solid piece
Included: Brackets sold individually (mounting hardware is not included)
Determine What Size & Quantity to Order?
This information is provided by The Marble Institute of Americas published requirements for granite countertops.
What size corbel do I order?
- Your Countertop overhang should not extend past the corbel by more than 4 to 6 inches.
- Example: If your countertop overhang is 10-inches you will want a bracket that measures at least 5 to 6 inches deep.
- All our corbel measurements are listed as depth x height | Example: a 6" x 8" corbel is 6 inches deep and 8 inches high.
- Notes From a Designer: Corbels are meant to be seen. So they generally look best when they are 2/3 as deep as the countertop overhang itself. As an example, when we design countertop overhangs we will keep the end of the corbel 2-4" from the end of the countertop overhang. This does exceed the Marble Institutes requirements but it looks much better from a design perspective.
How many corbels do I order?
- Corbels are generally spaced 24 to 36 inches apart under countertop overhangs.
- To figure out how many corbels you need lets start with 2 corbels at each end of the countertop set 4" to 6" inches in, from the edge.
- Now measure the span left between the 2 end corbels and use the following formula: (span left) divided by (desired spacing).
- Example; an 84" wide countertop with 2 brackets set 4 inches from the end would leave you with 76 inches left to support; (84" - 8" = 76"). Now take 76" divided/by 24" = 3.1, so you would need 3 more corbels for a total of 5 brackets.
- For a countertop overhang spanning 84" wide with 2 corbels set in 4" from either side, and a 24 inch span between corbels, you would order 5 brackets total. 2 ends brackets and 3 to support the remaining 76" span.
- For a countertop overhang spanning 84" wide with 2 corbels set in 4" from either side, and a 36 inch span between corbels, you would order 4 brackets total. 2 ends brackets and 2 to support the remaining 76" span.