This Victorian Iron Corbel is as functional as it is beautiful. Built to support your granite and other natural stone countertop overhangs with ease.
Your center gusset, or support between the L-Bracket is made from a solid hand-forged iron rod with a twisted center giving this bracket just the right amount of hand-forged texture.
This iron corbel measures 1.5-inches wide and is available in the following bracket sizes 5 x 7; 6 x 8; 7 x 9; 8 x 10; 9 x 11 & 10 x 12. The L-bracket is made of 1/4-inch thick material and bent at 90-degrees.
Common uses for our Victorian Iron Corbels include granite & stone countertop supports, shelving brackets, fireplace mantel support and much more. You can choose from 4 finish options including Black; Aged Bronze; Aged Pewter; or Clear Coat (over raw metal). Want to paint this corbel yourself? Choose "Raw Material" in the finish options drop-down and your corbels will arrive ready for you to paint (you will want to clean them of skin oils, dust & dirt before applying your own finish).
Bracket Sizes (Depth x Height x Width)
- 5 x 7 x 1.5
- 6 x 8 x 1.5
- 7 x 9 x 1.5
- 8 x 10 x 1.5
- 9 x 11 x 1.5
- 10 x 12 x 1.5
Holes:3 - 1/4" holes are included in the back plate for mounting the corbel to your sub-straight. 2 1/4" holes are included in the top plate for optional mounting of shelving, mantels or any non-stone surface.
Iron Finish Options: 4 Finishes Available
Mounting Hardware: Not Included - Mounting holes are predrilled into the back and top of bracket
Installation Corbels can be installed by a contractor/builder or a handy Do-It-Yourselfer. For detailed installation instructions click here download a PDF version of our Corbel Installation Guide (works great for printing)
Handcrafted in: America (USA)
Indoor / Outdoor Use: Indoor
Use: Granite/Natural stone counter top overhang supports, shelf brackets, bar brackets, mantel support.
Care: Wipe clean with a soft damp cloth.
Included: Bracket Only
Structural Warranty Life Time (touch up paint available for scratches if that happens)
Determine What Size & Quantity to Order?
This information is provided by The Marble Institute of Americas published requirements for granite countertops.
What Size Corbel Do I need?
- Your Countertop overhang should not extend past the corbel by more than 4 to 6 inches.
- Example: If your countertop overhang is 10-inches you will want a bracket that measures at least 5 to 6 inches deep.
- All our corbel measurements are listed as depth x height | Example: a 6" x 8" corbel is 6 inches deep and 8 inches high
- Notes From a Designer: Corbels are meant to be seen. So they generally look best when they are 2/3 as deep as the countertop overhang itself. As an example, when we design countertop overhangs we will keep the end of the corbel 2-4" from the end of the countertop overhang. This does exceed the Marble Institutes requirements but it looks much better from a design perspective.
How Many Corbels Do I Need?
- Corbels are generally spaced 24 to 36 inches apart under countertop overhangs.
- To figure out how many corbels you need lets start with 2 corbels at each end of the countertop set 4" to 6" inches in, from the edge.
- Now measure the span left between the 2 end corbels and use the following formula: (span left) divided by (desired spacing).
- Example an 84" wide countertop with 2 brackets set 4 inches from the end would leave you with 76 inches left to support; (84" - 8" = 76"). Now take 76" divided/by 24" = 3.1, so you would need 3 more corbels for a total of 5 brackets.
- For a countertop overhang spanning 84" wide with 2 corbels set in 4" from either side, and a 24 inch span between corbels, you would order 5 brackets total. 2 ends brackets and 3 to support the remaining 76" span.
- For a countertop overhang spanning 84" wide with 2 corbels set in 4" from either side, and a 36 inch span between corbels, you would order 4 brackets total. 2 ends brackets and 2 to support the remaining 76" span.