This unique Globe Corbel is a decorative and functional bracket built to support your granite and other natural stone countertop overhangs.
Your center or support, between the L-Bracket is made from solid hand-forged iron rod that is approximately 1 1/8" Thick.
This iron corbel measures 2-inches wide and is available in the following bracket sizes 5 x 7; 6 x 8; 7 x 9; 8 x 10; 9 x 11 & 10 x 12. The L-bracket is made of 1/4-inch thick material and bent at 90-degrees.
Common uses for our Globe Corbel include granite & stone counter top supports, shelving brackets, fireplace mantel support and much more. You can choose from 4 finish options including Black; Aged Bronze; Aged Pewter; or Clear Coat (over raw metal). Want to paint this corbel yourself? Choose "Raw Material" in the finish options drop-down and your corbels will arrive ready for you to paint (you will want to clean them of skin oils, dust & dirt before applying your own finish).
Dimensions: L-bracket is 1/4-inch thick by 2" wide with a thick center support.
Bracket Sizes:5 x 7 | 6 x 8 | 7 x 9 | 8 x 10 | 9 x 11 | 10 x 12
Iron Finish Options: 4 Finishes Available
Pictured: Globe Iron Corbel with Black Finish
Product Type:Corbel or Bracket
Function: Support Granite/Natural stone counter top overhangs, shelves, mantels & more.
Country of Manufacture: USA
Care: Wipe clean with dry cloth
Assembly Required: Installation is required but the product is one solid piece
Included: Brackets sold individually (mounting hardware is not included)
Copyright:This design is protected (note: it has been knocked off by a Chinese company and sold unethically by another company. When you buy from us you get the original design and American Craftsmanship.)
Determine What Size & Quantity to Order?
This information is provided by The Marble Institute of Americas published requirements for granite countertops.
What size corbel do I order?
- Your Countertop overhang should not extend past the corbel by more than 4 to 6 inches.
- Example: If your countertop overhang is 10-inches you will want a bracket that measures at least 5 to 6 inches deep.
- All our corbel measurements are listed as depth x height | Example: a 6" x 8" corbel is 6 inches deep and 8 inches high.
- Notes From a Designer: Corbels are meant to be seen. So they generally look best when they are 2/3 as deep as the countertop overhang itself. As an example, when we design countertop overhangs we will keep the end of the corbel 2-4" from the end of the countertop overhang. This does exceed the Marble Institutes requirements but it looks much better from a design perspective.
How many corbels do I order?
- Corbels are generally spaced 24 to 36 inches apart under countertop overhangs.
- To figure out how many corbels you need lets start with 2 corbels at each end of the countertop set 4" to 6" inches in, from the edge.
- Now measure the span left between the 2 end corbels and use the following formula: (span left) divided by (desired spacing).
- Example; an 84" wide countertop with 2 brackets set 4 inches from the end would leave you with 76 inches left to support; (84" - 8" = 76"). Now take 76" divided/by 24" = 3.1, so you would need 3 more corbels for a total of 5 brackets.
- For a countertop overhang spanning 84" wide with 2 corbels set in 4" from either side, and a 24 inch span between corbels, you would order 5 brackets total. 2 ends brackets and 3 to support the remaining 76" span.
- For a countertop overhang spanning 84" wide with 2 corbels set in 4" from either side, and a 36 inch span between corbels, you would order 4 brackets total. 2 ends brackets and 2 to support the remaining 76" span.